Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat!!!

Trick or Treating was such a blast this year! Mainly because Cooper was old enough to understand it and throughly enjoyed it! Cooper was Batman and Carter was Robin. The costumes were of Cooper's request and I worked hard at making them look like the real thing, but still reusable after Halloween. Cooper's was a black jogging suit that I embroidered the Batman logo on and then I made the accessories to go with it and Carters was a red onesie that I sewed an embroidered Robin patch to and added a cape (all of which could be removed to reuse the onesie and the jogging suit!) Blaine took them to a few house before dark, dressed in his scrubs, (lame costume Blaine LOL!!) because he had to go to work that night. Then later when it got dark I took them around the neighborhood. Cooper was a pro. He ran up to every house, rang the door bell and said Trick or Treat right on cue! He even managed a Thank You at most houses! Carter for the most part stayed in the stroller but he still got plenty of candy and he devored no less than 4 suckers before we got home! Their was one house decorated really spooky with music, ghosts, skeletons and a fake crime scene. Cooper was fascinated with the fake crime scene, he kept asking the lady where did that body come from and what happend?. She just kept saying it was pretend, but he wouldn't take that for an answer! He seiously was inspecting it to see if it was real! Cooper walked the whole way and didnt complain till the end when it was time to go home anyway. When they got home Cooper immediately dropped to the floor to survey his stash of candy! Cooper was pretty calm about eating a few pieces and then saving the rest, but Carter was not so sure about that. As you can see in the picture he was set on eating all he could stuff in his mouth at once!! I had to pry the suckers out of his hands so we could get ready for bed!!! I think every one had a GREAT time!!






































I made Carter a mask, but he refused to wear it. This is the only Picture I could get with it on.
















4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh I love it! I love Carter's green tights! LOL Cooper looks so cute as Batman. I love the picture of him hugging the pumpkin. Great job on the costumes. My boys wouldn't wear their mouse ears either. So I understand. I had to hurry and take the picture. I am so glad you guys had a fun Halloween. It is definitely one of my favorite holidays.

Kaitlan said...

I love the picture of Cooper hugging the pumpkin. I am glad your boys had fun. We will have to go to the park again sometime next week.

Jill Britt said...

I wasn't so sure about the costumes when you were describing them, but they look really cute! You did a great job!

The Judsons said...

You did such a fab job on those costumes! Looks like you guys had lots of fun. And do call when you all come to town and have a free moment, it'd be great to get together, chat and let the kids play.