Thursday, May 6, 2010

Laundry ....a never ending story.

Just one of the many piles of  clean clothes waiting to be put  away!!
Not much going on around here lately, just yard work and housework. I really don't mind either, except for the laundry. GRRRR.....  It seems as if I can  never catch up. No matter how much I wash and dry there is always another load. Given that I only have two kids, you think that it should be managable. But seriously it's not! How in the world do you moms with more kids keep it under control?  I'm pretty good about washing and drying but then it gets piled high on the couch waiting and waiting for someone to put it away! LOL :) Most days we end up digging  through the huge pile looking for our clothes in hopes that they aren't too wrinkled!  I think my problem comes in that I HATE folding/hanging the clothes and putting  them away.  It dosen't help that Carter tends to go through four or more outfits a day. Everytime I turn around he is  covered in something that requires a clothes change!  Also Blaine goes through alot of clothes.  He has his work clothes (I am constantly washing scrubs) and then he comes home and changes into regular clothes. Some days I think I totally have it under control, but within the week It has all piled up again. Any advice that would make laundry easier to handle would be greatly appreciated!
At least I found some funny quotes that will give you something  to think about next time you are doing the laundry!  Enjoy! :)

Now they show on commercials how detergents take out bloodstains, a pretty violent image there.  I think if you've got a T-shirt with a bloodstain all  over it, maybe laundry isn't  your biggest problem. Maybe you should get rid of the body before you do the wash. ~Jerry Seinfeld~

Marriage is about the most expensive way for the average man to get his laundry done. ~Burt Reynolds~

Have you ever taken  something out of the dirty clothes hamper to wear because it has become, relatively, the cleanest thing? ~Katharine Whitehorn~

Behind every successful woman... is a basketful of dirty laundry.~Sally Forth~

I believe you should live each day as if it is your last, which is why I don't have any clean laundry, come on, who wants to wash clothes on the last day of their life? ~Teenager,age 15~

2 comments:

Mills Family said...

I love the last quote by the teenager. Ha! Hillary Weeks sang a cute song about Laundry for TOFW 2009 "Climb every mountain. Wash every load. If you are still alive now. You'll still have clothes to fold." You need a laundry fairy to stop by!

Kara and Theo said...

I totally agree with you. I HATE folding and putting away the laundry. I leave mine in laundry baskets in the bedroom. Some are there so long that when I dump them on the bed it keeps the shape of the basket! LOL! I wouldn't mind a laundry fairy either.