Thursday, May 6, 2010

How fast time flies!

I feel like time flies by so fast when it comes to my kids.  It seems like they are so little and then in an blink  of an eye they have  grown a couple of inches and are talking like grown-ups.  It  makes me so sad to see them grow up.  I really try to enjoy every minute of time with them and truely cherish all the little moments. Having this year with Carter all to myself has been great,  but on the other hand  I feel like Cooper is growing up so fast.  I am having a hard time believing he is almost done with Kindergarten and will be going to first grade in August.  First grade seems  like the big  step in growing up. I guess lately I have just been realizing that time dosen't stand still, no matter how much you wish it would.  I try to focus on the wonderful things that come with your kids growing up.  Blessing and cherished moments all of their own.  I know they will eventually grow up but I hope I can cherish and enjoy them while they are still little.  Here are  a few pictures that lately have made sad and proud all at the same time!
Cooper came home from school hungry, so I told him to let me finish what I was doing and then I would make him a sandwich.  When I finished up and went to the kitchen, I found him making his own sandwich all by himself.  I think that was the first time he had ever done that.  He was concentrating so hard, I don't think he even saw me take his picture.
Carter has finally refused to use the baby swing anymore.  He says "I am big boy"! So I took the baby swing down and replaced it with another regular swing.  He was so excited to  have a swing like Cooper's.

1 comment:

The Judsons said...

I totally feel your pain about laundry. I loathe it! And I can't believe how fast kids grow up either. Some days I wish I could keep the kids little yet others I wish they would just grow up already!