Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter 2009-Busy, busy, busy!


Easter was a whirlwind of activity for our family! On Friday I gave the boys haircuts (Carter's haircut was a mistake,but it is growing on me) and got everything packed and ready to go. As soon as Blaine got home from work we left Mobile and drove to my moms house in Mississippi where Blaine dropped me and the kids off and he headed on to Louisiana to help his cousin redo their flooring. Friday night my mom and I stayed up to 2:00 a.m. having a sewing party. I don't think I have had that much fun with her in awhile! THANKS MOM! Mom was sewing a dress for a historical celebration day and I had to finish up some baby gifts for a shower and the boys Easter outfits for Sunday. On Saturday I went with my mom to a cousins baby shower where we had a blast seeing family and eating great food! That night we played a game with Cooper helping him understand the real reason behind Easter and let him watch the Lamb of God. I think it gave him a better understanding of why we really celebrate Easter. Then Blaine returned to pick me and the boys up and we headed to his parents house to spend Easter night and day. All of his family was in so we got to see everyone inclucing babys Taylor and Tyler. This was the first time we have gotten to see them. They were so SWEET, I tried to get in as much loving as possible in the short time we were there! On Sunday we went to church in Blaine home ward, and got to see all sorts of people we had not seen in ages! It was great! We then spent the rest of Sunday eating good food, taking pictures, watching the kids Easter egg hunt and spending time with family! We had a wonderful Easter! I can't express how grateful I am for our Heavenly Father and for our Savior Jesus Christ who suffered and paid the price for our sins and was resurected so that we could be also. How wonderful a blessing we have been given!


My cousins and I at the baby shower! (Dana,in the middle, is the mom to be!)


Cooper and Baby Taylor
Granny and Baby Tyler (Kristy send me your e-mail and I will send you pics from Easter)

Cooper and Emily

2 comments:

andrea said...

i love all your pictures amber! it looks like ya'll did have a very happy easter!! :)

Jill Britt said...

I wish we could've been in Mississippi with ya'll for Easter! It looks like you had fun! And thanks for sharing your husband with us!