Monday, October 13, 2008

This is for you Mrs. Sue!!!

Okay Mrs. Sue I hope you are checking my blog, because only you will appreciate this one!!! As some know, I LOVE working in the yard, but can't do it as much as I would like with the kids to tend to. So on Saturday Blaine had the day off and I begged him to let me work in the yard, with this wonderfully cool weather we have been having. Well, Blaine took the kids for the WHOLE day and let me spend all the time I wanted in the yard!!! He even helped me with a trip to Lowes to get mulch and flowers!! I mowed grass, weedeated, planted flowers, mulched beds, trimmed shrubs, and pulled up the tiny shrubs in the front of the house, that I never liked anyway! It was so rewarding when the day was done and I could look at how pretty the yard was! Blaine's mom (Mrs. Sue) taught me early on the reward that comes with yard work!! She has such lovely gardens and flowers and every time I go to see her I enjoy the fruits of her labors!!! So this post is for you Mrs. Sue, because I know you appreciate a long day working in the yard!!!

I just realized Blaine and Carter were in this picture. They were coming to inspect and give approval on the yard work!!!


3 comments:

The Judsons said...

Your yard looks great! It's amazing the things you can get done with no kids isn't it?!

Sarah said...

Your yard looks very nice. Great Job! I can't believe you even mowed it. I have never done that. LOL But I grew up with too many brothers so I never really had too. I think that it is really neat how you enjoy doing it. Your hard work definitely paid off.

Kaitlan said...

your yard looks great. I need your green thumb advice. the mums are beautiful.