Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Laundry, dishes, kids oh my!

Ok, I'm starting to get a bit nervous about having a fourth child. Going from two to three kids didn't seem like much of a difference for me but for some reason going from three to four is freaking me out. I think because with three I am still able to manage to clean and keep everything orderly like my OCD self likes it, but barely. With one kid it was easy to clean, shop, make dinner, wash clothes and organize. With two kids it was still manageable but I had my days when things went undone. With three kids I keep things clean and orderly, but closets and clothes and dishes keep me non-stop busy. I fight them each day until finally I just give up and things get so bad that I go into my OCD mode and clean till I can't move. I am fearing with four kids that I WILL have to let some things go and just get over my compulsion to have my house a certain way. As a child,with 5 siblings, I distinctly remember climbing up a mountain (a literal mountain) of dirty clothes for fun. I also remember my mom being so embarrassed when people would walk through her laundry room. So I'm assuming that having a dirty, disorganized house is a right of passage for any mom with multiple children. I should just embrace it and realize it is raising my children, not the perfect house, that is most important. If only I could learn to turn off my OCD brain every time I see those finger prints on the windows or the toys thrown across the floor. Oh well, I think when the baby comes I am going to give up completely and maybe, just maybe I will have a cleaning fairy that will drop by occasionally and pay me a visit. :)

 

1 comment:

Kaitlan said...

I know how you feel. I can't stand seeing a mess, but since Conner was born I just try to pretend my house is cleaner than it really is. I also keep my bedroom really clean so if I need to take a break from the mess I go into my room and soak up the cleanliness.