Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick or Treat Fun

On Friday night we had our Ward Halloween party at church. We ate yummy chili and had a fun night out  with church friends. The boys got  to trick or treat around  the church and loved running around with their classmates from church. Then on Saturday we went to Hattiesburg, MS for Halloween, because my nephew came home from his mission and they were having his homecoming party on Sunday.  So we stayed with my sister for the weekend and went trick or treating with my sister-in-law and her kids. It was alot of fun getting to see my nephew again and for the kids to get to spend time with Aunt Shari, Aunt Autumn and all their cousins. 
The boys kept asking me what I was going to be for Halloween,so for the ward Halloween I humored them and dressed up like cat woman. Seriously, don't laugh it was for the kids! :)
This is the only pic I got of Carter spreading his costume out so you could see all of it.
This is a funny pic from the Ward Halloween party.  When Carter realized you could  bob for apples from a string, he gave  Blaine his candy bag and raced over to the apples. He was determined to get him an apple. He  finally did with a little help from mom! :)
Trick or Treating in Hattiesburg with all their cousins!  
We were a motley group!
We had a dracula, a ghost,a spiderman, a super woman, a cowboy, a Pirate, a bigfoot, a trashcan and a baby frankenstein!
Count Dracula and the friendly ghost! 
Carter wouldn't put his treat bag down so I could get a good pic of his costume all spread  out. I think he was afraid he would lose his candy! LOL :)
Count Dracula  in his finest!

Riding the hay ride! 

Riding the hayride was Carter's favorite  part.
He would go get his candy and then hurry fast back to the trailer, worried it would leave him! 
After trick or treating we headed back to Aunt Sharis house where we were greeted by Aunt Shari and cousin Ryan dressed up in their Korean wear that Ryan had brought home from his mission.   
This was Cooper's favorite part! He sorted and went through each candy picking out his favorites!

5 comments:

Kaitlan said...

i love their costumes, and yours too. you are a fun mom. I wish I could have been at the ward party. We miss everyone so much. glad you had a nice halloween.

Mills Family said...

Amber their costumes were darling. I loved your cat woman costume too. Glad we got to sit by you at the ward party.

Jill Britt said...

Cooper's Count Dracula costume is great. Tell him he looked scary! And Carter's ghost came out good, too. It looks like they had fun!

Sarah said...

Cute costumes! You did a good job. I love how your niece dressed up as a trash can. LOL I love it. It looks like you guys had such a good time. Halloween is such a fun holiday!

andrea said...

super cute!