Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy 29th Birthday Blaine!!

Blaine's birthday was on the 24th, but we celebrated a day early since he had to work on Sunday!!

Saturday morning Blaine came home from a night shift and went to bed. That is when the kids and I went into action. Blaine had been wanting a certain pair of shoes, but had not been able to find them in his size. So Saturday morning I called around to store after store in search of his shoes for the perfect birthday present. Finally somebody mentioned a store that they thought might carry them. So we headed off. When we got there they didn't have them, but they recommended another store. With high hopes we headed off to one last store. I don't think the kids would have made it much longer. I was already bribing with candy and cookies!! :) Turned out they had them but in the wrong color, I was so dissapointed. :( Not knowing what else to get Blaine for his birthday I told the clerk to go ahead and get me the black ones and if he didn't like them I would return them. When he came out he had a HUGE smile on his face and he was holding the brown shoes in a size 12!!!!!!! PERFECT!! I was so excited I actually gave him a hug!

So Blaine's Birthday present was found, now onto the cake! Sorry to dissapoint you guys but I do not make Blaine's birthday cakes. He absolutely LOVES the ice cream cakes from Baskin Robbins, so we carry on the tradition every year of an oreo ice cream cake. Thank goodness for GPS because I honestly had no clue where a Baskin Robbins was in Mobile.

After picking up the cake and a few decorations we headed home, to get everything together before Blaine woke up. After everything was ready, I had Cooper run into the room where Blaine was sleeping and yell, "Daddy, wake up Carter made a BIG mess!!!"Blaine came bolting out of the room where we were holding the cake singing Happy Birthday! I think we surprised him and he LOVED the shoes and the cake! So Happy Birthday Blaine, WE LOVE YOU!!





Cooper giving Blaine his card he had made for him!

Carter didn't want to be left out in the gift giving, so he have daddy a balloon!




Carter helping daddy with his shoes!


Loving the ice cream cake!! YUMMY!!


This kid put away 3 slices of cake!

3 comments:

Mills Family said...

Happy 29th Blain! Wow! What a hunt for those shoes. Looks like it was a special day,

Jill Britt said...

Blaine does look a little tired in these pictures! I definitely remember what it is like to work nights!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Blaine! I loved reading all about your shoe hunting. LOL You are a sweet wife to have went to all that trouble. =c) I am glad he had such a good birthday.