Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Have I lost my mind?

Okay, so Blaine is going to lose it if he comes home one more time to find me painting or re-decorating something again on a whim. Seriously though, I can't help it!! :) I get these crazy ideas in my head and can't stop till I have seen them through. The other weekend Nathan and Jill were coming at around 4:00in the evening and I started painting the bathroom at 12:00 noon. Blaine came in from work with the kids running around crazy, the house a mess and me in the bathroom trying to finish the paint job! Blaine proceeds to remind me that I have lost my mind and that Nathan and Jill will be here in an hour. Calmly I tell him it is all right, I have it taken care of. Well needless to say, I did get it all taken care, well almost all of it. But it turned out fine, we had a great weekend and I had a freshly painted bathroom! So here you go, the pics of the brilliance behind the madness! Seriously, let me know if you think I have lost my mind? LOL!!! :)

















I love the mocha brown walls, (Blaine dosen't care for them)! I sewed all the ribbon onto the towels and shower curtain and embroidered the word bath (to match the letters on the wall) onto the towels. I used the ribbon to make a picture hanging for the other wall and reused the letters that had previously been in the bathroom. Yea I know I can't make up my mind!! :) The walls look darker in the pictures, and the ribbon has polka dots on it if you can't tell.

4 comments:

Jill Britt said...

I love the completed look. The brown ribbon on the shower curtain looks great! And I loved the wall color no matter what Blaine says!

Sarah said...

I like it too! I love the picture frames and the ribbon very cute idea. Great job!

The Judsons said...

How did you manage to paint that without your kids ending up covered in paint?? I'm quite impressed and loved how your bathroom turned out!

Mills Family said...

Amber I love your masterpiece. If you run out of walls to decorate you and your creativeness is always welcome at my place! I could use some help.