Monday, January 12, 2009

A warm, glowing fire!

I love having a fireplace! It is so warm and cozy!! We had a fireplace in our old house, but it was wood burning which was too much hassle to light, so it never got used. But here we have a gas fireplace, so we just press the button and presto we have a nice warm fire! We honestly haven't had too many cold days here in Mobile, so there hasn't been any need to turn the fire on. But, Sunday afternoon it was a bit chilly and so I decided we needed to turn it on!! Blaine complained at first, because he felt on need for it, but soon enough he was sitting in the living room along with everyone else enjoying the comforting heat! There is just something about warm, flickering flames because before I knew Cooper and Blaine were fast asleep! Carter was really good around the fire! He kept saying "HOT" and running away. He never got within a couple feet of it. Anyway, having a fireplace is such a silly thing to be grateful for, but it made my afternoon so much nicer!!

3 comments:

The Judsons said...

MMM, nice and toasty. I love fires too! You'll get some good use out of it this week because it's supposed to get even colder!!

Sarah said...

I would love to have fireplace right about now. There is like 3 feet of snow outside and more is falling down. I love fires and I agree with you there is just something about them. I think it is cute that Blaine and Cooper fell asleep. I am glad you guys had a nice afternoon.

hdenson said...

You know, we have been here for almost 4yrs and have never turned ours on....crazy,huh?? I'm not sure its such a great idea to give it a try now, with an 8mo old crawling around!!