Friday, January 23, 2009

My little Artist!


Cooper LOVES to draw, color and paint and I am more than willing to let him, but we have one rule he MUST obey when he is finished with his art. Cooper must put all art supplies away so that Carter can't find them and make a mess! Cooper is really good about this most of the time,but lately he has been lazy about putting his markers away and I have gotten on to him numberous of times about it. Well finally the inevadable happened. Carter got ahold to the markers and made a beautiful masterpiece on my bedroom wall!! Cooper came to me with the look of shear panic on his face and said "Mom, don't be mad, I love you VERY much!". At that point I already knew what had happened and it took all I had not to bust out laughing. First of all because I knew they were washable markers (Thank you Crayola) and secondly because Cooper was seriously panic stricken because he thought he was in trouble (poor baby)! Well I let Cooper explain what had happened and then I let him in on a little secret (the markers were washable)! The look of relief that came over him when he wiped the first mark away with the rag was priceless. Cooper had to clean up the mess and have the markers taken away for the day, but he didn't seem to mind since the punishment that he had thought up in his head had been far worse!
Cooper cleaning up the mess. And yes folks, the washable markers come completly clean off of walls!!!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Aww...poor Cooper. I am glad to hear that markers are washable. Maybe I will let Kaia start using them. She loves to color and Gatlin loves to eat her crayons! LOL