Sunday, January 25, 2009

Decorating for cheap!

Lately I have been bummed about some of the blank walls in our house. But, I haven't wanted to spend alot of money for wall decorations. So, I waited until Hobby Lobby had their wall decorations 50% off and off we went looking for good deals! Thank goodness Carter fell asleep in the car and then slept in the buggy for the whole time we were in the store, or my shopping trip may not have turned out so well! Anyway as I was looking around I found these large letters that I thought I could decopauge with scrapbooking paper to match the kids bathroom colors. So at a $1.25 a letter and 50 cents a piece of paper I got the whole project for the bathroom for $7.00! Then I found this cute sign for the laundry room 50% off of $20.00, so $10.00 for the laundry room! Then a friend recommend this site online to order these cute vinyl letters for cheap. So the boys wall only cost $15.00! (Hobby Lobby has the vinyls also for about the same price when on sale,but I had already ordered from online)I was so excited to find such fabulous finds and LOVE how they brighten up the rooms!

4 comments:

Jill Britt said...

I wish I was as crafty as you!

Sarah said...

Don't you just love Hobby Lobby? Honestly it is one of my favorite stores! I love what you found and I think that it looks really good. I love the quote in the boy's room.

Kaitlan said...

Like the decor. You really need to help me. My walls are so bare and I have no clue on what would work for cheap. Thanks so much for taking the girls for me tonight, you saved us and saved Nate from added pain.

Samantha said...

Those are so cute!! But ... I think Carter's wall decorations were way cheaper!
:P