Tuesday, August 12, 2008

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY CARTER!!

Well my baby is on his way to becoming a toddler!! On August 7, he turned 1 year old! I cannot believe how fast this year has flown by. So much has happened and so much has changed this past year. We have watched Carter cry,roll over, scoot, crawl, babble, walk, run, climb and say his first words(bye-bye, uh-oh, da-da and up)!! All of his milestones have flown by with joyous celebration. So turning one was no different. For his birthday I sewed him a Jon-Jon with a cupcake applique and took pictures of his cute one year old self!!!! I made him a Baby Einstein cake and we had a small party with balloons, cake, goldfish, and lots of fun!! Carter loved the cake and candle until we started singing and then he burst out into tears(he was not a fan of our singing). So we moved on to presents, where he had more fun playing with the wrapping paper than the presents. We then tried singing again and let him eat his cake which at first had no appeal to him, until he tasted the icing, he then stuffed as much into his mouth as possible!!!!! :) It was such a fun party, I just can't believe he is one already!!
















2 comments:

Jill Britt said...

I love the picture of him crying in front of the cake. It's so pitiful!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Carter! I love the cake! Gatlin got the same truck for his birthday. We love it. I am glad he had a fun party.