Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pinterest inspired

Since we moved I've had so much fun starting over with the house decorations and trying out a few Pinterest DIY projects! In our rental house the kitchen was already an orange color that was recently painted so instead of repainting the kitchen I left it and just touched up the paint (after re-painting almost every other room in our rental house I let the kitchen be). Anyway, long story short I decided to use lime green, aqua and orange for my color scheme to pull the orange into my decorations. Thanks to Pinterest I have been able to make the colors work and make some CUTE and CHEAP decorations that I am now in love with!

These decorations are normally on the mantle but have found a new home until the Valentine decorations come down. The B is a cheap wood B from Hobby Lobby that I decoupaged with scrapbook paper. The frame was an old frame that I just repainted and sanded. The vases were cheap vases from Wal-Mart that I painted the inside of them with craft paint.
Wood block letters that I decoupaged with scrapbook paper and then cut out vinyl letters with a circuit machine. Stacey Harker if you are checking this you should be proud of me!!!
The orange wall is my kitchen wall. Told you it was orange!! :)
I am in love with this hook hanger thing!! I just took an old board, painted and sanded it, then pre-drilled some holes and screwed in some knobs from Lowes.
My most recent project. A magnetic board for pictures. I bought a cheap magnetic board from Wal-mart covered it with fabric and added some upholstery nails! Voila!!!
My most favorite Pinterest inspired photo collages. These are hanging on my two main living room walls. Most of the frames were old frames in various colors that I repainted and sanded down (except for the large one which I bought). I still have to add some vinyl lettering to the top frames with fabric inside(FYI: those frames are from Hobby Lobby).

I still have a million ideas and spaces to decorate, but I can only conquer one cute project at a time! Lol :)

 

1 comment:

Kara and Theo said...

Those ideas are so cute! And I love the color scheme, so fun! Good job! =)