Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Favorite idea ever!

With the new year came a new group of Sunbeams in my 4 year old class at church that had to get used to sitting and listening and not playing with toys the whole class. I knew I wanted something that could occupy them and keep them quite while we waited for all the kids to arrive and while I gave my lesson. While in Wal-mart I found a pack of laminating sheets and it hit me that I could laminate a coloring sheet and let the kids use dry erase crayons(if you haven't discovered Crayolas dry erase crayons yet, go out and buy some right now) to color and then after class I could wipe them off an reuse them next week. I've used them for two weeks now and they have worked GREAT! My kids love them too!!! It keeps them busy on Sunday afternoons. I have now laminated quite a few different pictures for the boys and they can't wait to color, wipe and color again! FYI: a paper towel with water or windex works best to clean the laminated coloring sheets.

 

Self Laminating sheets. They come in a pack of 10 and you don't need a laminating machine to use them.
A coloring sheet laminated
Crayola Dry Erase Crayons. They don't dry out, they wash out of clothes, they don't stain and they wipe clean from most surfaces. Lucy colored all over the table when coloring and it wiped completely clean.
K

Cooper's finished laminated coloring sheet

You just wipe it clean and start over

Lucy got in on the action. She loved it and since the sheets are more sturdy then a piece of paper she dosen't rip it or crumple it while coloring.

 

1 comment:

Kaitlan said...

what a great idea. I am going to do that. You are such a cute mom.