Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sweet Summertime

Our summer is flying by way too fast and with Baby Lucy due soon I feel I must cram every bit of fun into the last few weeks of summer we have left baby free.  The boys have spent endless hours swimming with friends, cousins, and in our kiddie pool till they are about to turn into little brown fish! lol :) We visited Aunt Autumn, Aunt Nor-Nor, and Aunt Shari in Hattiesburg for a few days and then we spent the Fourth of July at my parents house visiting with cousins, and friends we don't get to see often.  We also have taken a few beach trips inbetween the traveling.  Oh how I LOVE sweet summertime!!!  I still have a few more summer plans before the baby arrives, so BRING ON THE FUN!!!
Hanging out in our kiddie pool
Enjoying pool time with friends.  THANKS Jenn for letting us swim with y'all!
Cooper and Carter love hanging with your boys!
Swimming at Aunt Nor-Nor's pool.
Hanging out at Aunt Autumn's house.
Happy Fourth of July! 
We spent the morning at the Blalock reunion eating way too much and visiting with old friends.
Some of the grandkids with Papa!
The afternoon of the Fourth we hung out at Gigi and Papa's pool grilling hamburgers and swimming with family and friends.
Later that evening we finished off the day with sparklers and fireworks!
Carter LOVED the fireworks and couldn't get enough of them.
Don't you just LOVE their faces watching the fireworks explode?
Carter was so sad when all the fireworks were finished, the only thing that finally got him to stop crying was Uncle Neal giving him an empty firework canister.  He carried it around  like he had won the best trophy ever!
While at Papa's and Gigi's the boys enjoyed gathering Papa's chicken eggs and visiting Papa at work.
Papa let them pick out any treat they wanted in the whole grocery store!
Now do you understand why they LOVE going to Papa's and Gigi's house?!!!
Blueberry picking for the hundredth time.  Seriously, I am blue berried out! :)
Enjoying Dauphin Island! 
It is so nice being close enough to the beach to take a day trip on the spur of the moment. 
My boys are total beach bums! LOVE IT! 
Hope you are enjoying your summer as much as we are!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Jill Britt said...

I am jealous of all of your pool and beach time! I definitely need some sun in my life after seeing your tan boys!

Mills Family said...

Loved the picture of the boys watching fireworks! So precious! We need to go swimming again soon!

Kara and Theo said...

I think we live on the wrong side of town. I would love to go swimming with friends. I was just saying to Theo, how is it we live in Mobile, AL and don't know anyone we can go swimming with? It baffles me...Looks like you really are cramming in a lot of stuff. I hope you get some rest before the baby comes, because you know you won't get any after! =)

Melissa said...

Amber, I didn't even know you were pregnant. I found your blog off a link from Laura's. If you send me an e-mail I will send you an invite to my blog. Fun to see what your family is up to. mjdsutton@gmail.com