Saturday, June 11, 2011

Make Your Own Foaming Soap

Ever wonder what to do with those foaming soap bottles after the foaming soap has run out?
 I have had several people ask me about how to make your own foaming liquid soap to put back in the pump bottles, so I decided to post it on here. Plus, it will save you a buck or two refilling it on your own! :) You can do this with any regular liquid hand soap or dish soap (not concentrated). For hand soap I use softsoap in the big refill container. One of those will last me a year(or longer) refilling it this way(for two bathrooms). For dish soap I use any I get on sale or cheap. I can't tell you enough how much I LOVE foaming soap, because the kids use WAY less, don't make a mess with it and they scrub their hands way better with it. Thanks to my sis-in-law who told me about this a couple of years ago!!! :) 
First you have to have the special foaming soap pump top bottles and regular liquid soap. I bought these bottles a year or so ago on sale and when they ran out I have been refilling them ever since. 
Next fill a measuring cup with  1/3 cup liquid soap. 
Then add 2/3 cup water.  
Stir well! 
Lastly pour into your foam pump bottles, give it a few pump to get it started and you are done! Now enjoy your cheap foam soap!!! :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Neat idea! I gotta give this a try..

Kara and Theo said...

It was a total light bulb going off when you told me about this! Thanks again for telling me this, I'm already enjoying filling my bottles this way. =)

Laura said...

I never knew you could do that. I'll have to try it!