Sunday, June 26, 2011

Conquering his fear

For the past few years Cooper has been scared to death of swimming.  Don't get me wrong he loved going to the pool, but he would never really go under water, jump in the pool from the side or go near the deep end without freaking out.  So after much consideration, I decided to fork out the money and put him in private swim lessons and hope for the best. Well they turned out to be worth every cent.  I saw a HUGE difference in his fear level for the water and he did indeed learn to swim.  He now enjoys the pool like a little fish! I am very PROUD of you Cooper!! 

Untitled from Amber Britt on Vimeo.

I also put Carter in swim lessons not thinking he would really learn to swim, but not to be outdone by his brother he learned to swim also.  He now swims pretty well on his own, but still needs mom to watch after him when swimming.

Untitled from Amber Britt on Vimeo.
Much THANKS to Alex Howard for doing such a great job with the boys. Here is her link if any Mobile locals are interested in swim lessons for their kids.
http://alexhowardswimlessons.synthasite.com/

2 comments:

Mills Family said...

good job cooper and carter! Let's go swimming again soon.

Sarah said...

Awesome! They are growing up so fast. I was considering putting Kaia in lessons too. I wasn't sure if it would be worth the money though. I might have to reconsider.