Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cooper's first day of Kindergarten!

Yesterday was Cooper's first day of Kindergarten!! He was so excited and nervous all at the same time. When we got to school he found his seat and his hook and met a few friends that sat next to him. He then gave me a big hug and turned around and started chatting with one of his classmates. That was my cue to leave and that he would be perfectly fine! He looked so big sitting at the table with all of the other kids. :) Carter and I went home to an empty house that was extremely quite without Cooper's jabbering. It was weird at first, but I soon realized that Carter LOVED having me all to himself and was a much happier kid with no one to contend with for toys. I did miss Cooper throughout the day, but it was so nice to just have one at home. Carter also missed Cooper, asking for him occasionally, but overall I think he liked having the house to himself. When we picked up Cooper at school that afternoon, he immediately told me how much fun he had and that he couldn't wait to go back tomorrow. That made me feel at ease about him going to Kindergarten and was glad he had enjoyed his day! ;)

All dressed in his school uniform. Isn't he just the CUTEST?!

Very excited and ready to go!

A funny story about his teacher: I had been telling Cooper his teachers name over and over trying to help him remember her name (he has a hard time remembering names). So I kept saying Mrs. Turner, Mrs. Turner Cooper, remember Mrs. Turner. So as we were on our way to school I asked him what his teachers name was. He replied I know it mom. It is Mrs. Screwdriver. LOL!!!!! :) For some reason he associated the screwdriver (whose name is Turner) on Handy Manny (a cartoon show) with his teacher Mrs. Turner. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. All I could say was Cooper please don't call your teacher Mrs. Screwdriver. When we got to school I told the teacher that Cooper has a hard time remembering names so if he called her something crazy that day just ignore it. She laughed and said I will remind him today that my name is MRS. TANNER so don't worry!! That is when I got red in the face, because I had been calling her Mrs. Turner. :0 Like mother like son!! :)

2 comments:

Kaitlan said...

Cooper looks so cute in his uniform. I am glad he is enjoying school already. Your story about the teachers name is so funny, it made me laugh.

Sarah said...

LOL...I love the story about the teacher's name. LOL I am glad that he enjoyed school. I bet it is hard making the adjustment to just one child at home. He does look very cute in his uniform.