Monday, July 20, 2009

Catching up!

After the Fourth we had a whirlwind of a couple of weeks, that hasn't stopped until today! I finally feel like I can sit down and breath for a few minutes.

The day after we returned home from my parents house, Blaine's mom, sister, Granny and Uncle Richard came and stayed for a few days. I always LOVE when they come down and visit. We went out to eat, shopped a bit, went to a small aquarium on Dauphin Island and went to the beach! I guess we were so busy having fun that I never pulled the camera out, so I don't have any pictures to show.

After Blaine's family left on Saturday my cousin Dana and her family came to visit for the day. She had a baby girl(Rylie) about 8 weeks ago, so the boys were very excited to get to hold and play with her. Plus Cooper loves Dana's husband (Tony) because he likes to build Castles with him. Carter was so cute around Rylie he kept saying "Baby sad" or "Baby night, night". He even tried to give the baby her pacifier. Carter officially dosen't see himself as a baby and recognizes other babies as being smaller than him. :)
Then on Monday Cooper did a week long program at school to help introduce him to Kindergarten. He LOVED it and came home every day exausted, but wanting to talk about everything! Carter on the other hand didn't like it so much. He cried everytime we dropped Cooper off and moped around the house looking for Cooper until it was time to pick him up. By the second day of this I was looking for things to entertain Carter with. We ended up going out to various places just enjoying the time with the two of us together! One day I took him to an old McDonalds that still had the outside playground with the old McDonalds characters. It brought out alot of memories when I was little playing at McDonalds. You just don't find many of the old school McDonalds playplaces left.
Cooper showing off some of his school work.
Wondering what this crazy man is all about?
He did LOVE his hair though! He didn't like the fry guy watching over his shoulder as he ate. :)
Anyway, then that weekend we went on a whirlwind of a vacation to Fort Payne AL, but that post will have to wait till later... :)

1 comment:

autumn said...

Man I miss old school McDonald playground!!!