Thursday, February 27, 2014

The sun will come out tomorrow!

I'm still here! :) Needless to say its been a long, hard winter! Lots and lots of sickness, stress, worry, sleep deprivation, and way too much cabin fever! Everyone is finally feeling better (knock on wood) and we got a few days of sunshine last week that I am so grateful for! We are having another cold snap this week, but I can feel the weather changing! I am so ready for spring! On that note tomorrow is a new day and I feel the sunshine on its way!!!

Pics from last week when we had a few nice sunny days and a few updates on everyone!

Lathen is now 8 months old. He is crawling, pulling up and getting into everything! He loves to eat and we have yet to find something he doesn't like. He keeps me super busy crawling from one room to the next before I turn around. He seems to be really good at finding his brothers lost Legos and loves giving them a spit bath. I am always swiping something or another out of his mouth. He is such a happy baby laughing and smiling at the never ending entertainment of his siblings!

He was enjoying the warm sunshine! Don't you just love those baby thigh rolls! :)


Lucy is 2 1/2 and a MESS! She has enough drama and attitude to keep me completely puzzled most days to what shes upset about! She is starting to talk a lot but she is still hard to understand. She loves all things Dora, Princess and Minnie Mouse! She hates bedtime(screams most nights) but LOVES bath time (swims around until she turns into a prune)! She is a very picky eater and lately lives off of yogurt, drinkable yogurt and chocolate milk! Se has been potty trained for about 6months but has recently taken it upon herself to be a "big girl" and do it all by herself with no help from me(lots of cleaning up of messes on my part)! ;)
Carter is our high strung 6 year old. He lives life on fast speed all day long, literally bouncing and flipping from one place to another. He has excelled academically in school this year and got accepted to be tested for the gifted program this summer! Yea! He is still enjoying gymnastics and loves that bouncing off the walls is acceptable on gym day!! Lol:) He loves to read and has recently taken it upon himself to read the entire Book of Mormon all by himself.
Cooper is our sweet 9 year old. He is a great big brother, always trying to take care of his siblings and set a good example. He's had some big hurdles this year in dealing with some teeth problems and with school (do most kids have a tough transition year in 4th grade?)but has continued to keep a happy personality and let's most things roll off his back! We had noticed some extreme whining/stress meltdowns lately so he recently started an art class to help and he LOVES his weekly quiet time!! One of Coopers accomplishments this past year was memorizing all 13 Articles of Faith for church!
Blaine is now in solo practice running his Med/Peds clinic. The first 6 months proved very stressful with lots of hard work, many late nights and lots of unexpected bills/taxes. But Blaine has done a wonderful job of managing the business end along with being the best Doctor in town (I'm a bit partial, LOL!!!)! He has kept it all together and is gaining clientele and slowly learning the ropes.

As for me, I am just busy being a mom. My life is far from glamorous with most days full of laundry, dishes and messes. But along with those boring chores I get to see sweet smiles, feel sticky hugs and hear silly laughter! It makes the sleep deprivation worth it! :)

 

 

 

1 comment:

Ruby W said...

Hi Amber, my name is Ruby and I have a son who is two weeks younger than Lathen and was born with syndactyly of the same fingers. We live in Sydney, Australia, and Ollie had his operation 29 April 2014. Apologies if I have posted this already. Just wondering how Lathen's sleep is going post surgery as Ollie is having a terrible time and I am looking for guidance anywhere I can find it. Regards, Ruby