Monday, May 14, 2012

Surprise Adventure

Blaine has been working a lot lately and the boys have been cooped up in the house with me for way too many afternoons/weekends in a row. I just haven't had the courage/energy to take all three kids by myself on outings. Finally, after Cooper and Carter asking multiple times to go do something fun I decided to get over my fear of taking all three out by myself and surprise the boys with a fun filled day! When Cooper woke up Monday morning and started getting ready for school I told him to put on his swim trunks instead because we were going to have a surprise adventure day. He quickly woke Carter, we all got ready and off we went. The boys were super excited and kept asking repeatedly where we were going. We started the day with breakfast at Chick-fil-A and then headed to a splash pad where the kids played for a couple of hours. After the splash pad we went to Build-A-Bear so Carter could get his stuffed puppy he has been longing for forever (when Cooper was 4 he got to pick a build-a-bear animal and Carter has been waiting for his turn to get one ever since he turned 4). After Build-A-Bear everyone took a nap in the car while we made the 45 minute drive to Pensacola beach. We spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying the gorgeous weather while relaxing on the beach. On the way home we stopped by McDonalds and ate dinner while the boys talked non-stop about their fabulous day!!!! The boys had so much fun as did I. It was just what I needed to get out of my funk. I couldn't think of a better way to spend my day then with my 3 kiddos!!!!!

Lucy all ready for our fun day!
Splash pad fun!
Lucy loving the splash pad and showing off her new skills of standing up.
Carters new friend "Rocky"!
Bringing Rocky home.
Gorgeous day on the beach!
My happy girl enjoying the beach! Big Wave!
Sweet girl having a blast!
 

 

 

1 comment:

Mostess Mommy said...

What a great mom! I would love a day like that! You are the best!!!