Monday, October 24, 2011

Homeschool Preschool

I always laugh when people ask Carter where he goes to preschool and he says "I don't go to preschool I go to homeschool"! :)  When Cooper was little I decided not to put him in preschool and to do preschool at home instead. So we would take 30 minutes out of our day each day to do preschool.  I did it with Cooper until he went to Kindergarten. I have now been doing it with Carter since he was 3. Carter has really enjoyed "preschool" and it is fun to come up with new things to teach him.  It is my one on one time with him and he really enjoys having moms full attention all to himself!

Carter  LOVES this dry erase board.  I highly recommend it for preschool age children. I think it is from Wal-Mart. It has other pages for learning numbers, letters, shapes, and simple addition.  The only thing is the Dry-Erase markers stain clothes or furniture so we have switched to the washable Dry-Erase crayons from Crayola.  Love them! They are a bit harder to wipe off, but don't stain and don't dry out like the markers.

3 comments:

Mills Family said...

He has learned a lot from his mommy, the best teacher in the world!

Kara and Theo said...

That's amazing how well he can write! I got those boards before, but they always end up with real crayon or permanent marker on them some how.

Jill Britt said...

Your kiddos are so adorable! I'm glad that Carter loves his homeschool!