Saturday, July 10, 2010

Embrace the Camera

I saw on another blog were they were  having an "Embrace the Camera" picture blog.  It is where all of us mothers who hide behind the camera on most occasions should take pictures with the kids and enjoy the wonderful memories captured in time!  As I was looking through some pictures from the Fourth of July I found this picture someone had snapped.  Neither boys are really looking and I have my oh so fake smile, but it really captured the moment and I just love this picture.  We were having a program at my moms to celebrate the Fourth and the boys had dressed up as indians to do a little skit.  They were super excited to dress up!  But this is where the picture comes in.  By the time we  had gotten everyone dressed and over to the pavilion, Carter was on the verge of falling asleep and had his extreme grumpy face on, Cooper had gotten over the excitement of  dressing up like an indian and was daydreaming in his own world and me I was still trying to get them excited so we could perform the skit.  End result, Carter fell asleep, Cooper was too embarssed to do the skit and I smiled my fake smile and got up and performed the indian chant as fast as possible! Like I said memories captured in time!!! :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This picture definitely captures the moment. What a good idea. Oh and I don't think that your smile is cheesy. You look adorable in this picture.

Mills Family said...

Love it! You look beautiful Amber. The boys are so cute.