Sunday, March 21, 2010

It must be the age!

For the past couple of months I had been attempting to let Carter's hair grow out for the summer.  I just love shaggy hair on little boys in jon-jons and sandels! But Carter had other ideas! Last week he decided to give himself a haircut, not once but twice.  You think I would have  learned to put the scissors away the first time.  He looked like a mid-age man with a receding hairline, because he cut two huge gaps on each side and  left the middle part long. LOL!! I still can't believe he didnt poke his eye or cut himself in the process,since he used my sharp hair cutting scissors.  Oh well, on to the short buzz cut. At least he is a boy and looks cute with whatever hair style he gets! The ironic thing is Cooper did exactly the same thing at the the same age and just a couple of days before I had made a point to tell Cooper  to not leave scissors out because Carter might cut his hair. It turned out I was the one needing a scolding for leaving the scissors out not Cooper.  At least Blaine and I got a good laugh at Carter's crazy hair and at looking back at pics of  Cooper's botched hair cut!
Carter's do it yourself haircut!
The new haircut, much better!
Cooper at  the same age after he gave himself a haircut.

3 comments:

Kara and Theo said...

Carter looks like such a handsome little man now! Good job on fixing it!

Mills Family said...

I love the haircut!

Sarah said...

That is too funny. It must be the age. Lucky for me I haven't had any try to cut their hair. I have to agree though, Carter looks very handsome. They are both cute boys.