Thursday, October 1, 2009

Goals!

So I know it is not January, but I figured any time is a good time to set new goals as long as I really try to keep them. When Cooper started Kindergarten I had 3 goals in mind that I wanted to accomplish before the end of the year. Goal number 1: Potty train Carter (Very excited to have this one crossed off my list) Goal number 2: Read the entire Book of Mormon before the end of December and Goal number 3: Get in shape. With Potty training accomplished I am now working on the other two goals. They have not been easy goals and sometimes I just want to quit, but I am determined. I have never been a constant reader of the scriptures(some days I would read others I would skip), so doing it everyday has been a challange. I finally found a good time for me to read and have been sticking to it (15 minutes in the Carpool line when I pick up Cooper). Now Goal 3, getting in shape, proved even more of a challenge. I HATE gyms and have never had a real workout rountine. I found an eight week challenge on-line that seemed reasonable. It builds you up from couch potato to running 3 miles in 8 weeks. So I invested in a jogging stroller and a new pair of running shoes to get me motivated. Let's just say it has been really hard, but I have stuck with it and feel very accomplished each day after my run, even though I can hardly breath!! :) I hope to be able to write a new blog on here in December telling of my success in keeping my goals! Wish me LUCK!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

These are awesome goals and I think you can do it! I really need to potty train my boys too. I just don't have enough toilets. LOL Well, good luck and let me know how you do.

andrea said...

good for you! i know you can do it! :) i am with ya on the scriptures for sure. i have never finished the b.o.m. -- terrible i know. i will be good for a couple days...then it slowly dies off. i have started it back up again a couple weeks ago...hopefully i can keep up with you amber!!! :) love you girl!

Kara and Theo said...

Hey Amber! Great goals! I love the idea of reading the BOM in the carpool line. I too have that goal, but I have been having a really hard time getting into the routine of reading it. I think I will try your method. I LOVE running! I hope you are enjoying it. Good luck on your goals and thanks again for the tip!