Saturday, December 13, 2008

Time for change!!

I finally could not stand the hideous yellow in the boys room any longer, so this week while Blaine was off, I painted the boys room a nice shade of blue! While painting I remembered why I HATED painting, but was too far in to stop. It was very tiring and tedious, since the prior paint job was a mess with yellow paint on the ceiling and baseboards. I had to end up repainting the baseboards white and retouching the ceiling. In the end I was very happy with how it turned out!! Cooper wanted the room to be a space/rocket theme, so we found a very cool fan at Lowes that looked to fit the theme and added some glow in the dark stars to the ceiling. I bought new comforters, made new curtains, re-did the lamp to match and moved Carter out of the crib to a toddler bed. Now all I need to find is some space themed pictures to bring it all together!


BEFORE


AFTER

















4 comments:

Samantha said...

Much better!!! You amaze me with your talents! :)

Darren & Katie Britt said...

Looks great!

Duane & Kristy said...

Wow! I love the room! Doesn't surprise me though...you really are creative Amber!!

Sarah said...

I love what you did, that ceiling fan is pretty cool. LOL